TP Link App – All You Need to Know
TP Link app has made it easy for users to configure their range extenders in a hassle-free manner. TP Link app comes handy not only for tweaking the settings of your WiFi device but also for managing your WiFi from just about anywhere. Right from installing your TP Link extender to updating its firmware and setting up parental controls to creating a guest network, the TP Link app makes everything possible. However, for this, you first need to log in to your extender using the TP Link app. This section covers complete info on how you can log in to your TP Link WiFi extender using the TP Link app. let’s get started.
Log in to TP Link Extender using TP Link App
Before you get started with the TP Link repeater login process, make sure your extender is compatible to work with the TP Link app.
- Start the TP link extender login process by installing the TP Link app on your device.
- Make sure you download the latest version of the Tether app.
- Note that the TP Link app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. So, you can get it as per the availability of the OS of your device.
- Once done with downloading the TP link app, connect your TP Link extender to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Power up the extender.
- Launch the app and tap Log in.
- You will be asked to type in your username and password.
- Use the default credentials to proceed further with the TP Link extender login process.
Note: If you are first time logging in to your device, then you have the option to create a new username and password for your extender. This will help you secure your WiFi.
- Tap Login and you are all done with the TP Link extender login process using the Tether app.
At times, users approach us stating a problem that TP link app is not working for them. If you are struggling with the same issue, then here’s what you need to do.
Troubleshoot: TP Link App Not Working
TP link app might not be working for you due to various reasons. Well, worry not! The troubleshooting points given below will help you get the issue fixed without any hassle:
- Make sure the TP Link app has properly been downloaded on your device. Sometimes, improper internet access and background activities running on your device can lead to the download of the corrupted version of the app. This can, certainly, make the app non-working for you.
- Ensure that an updated version of the app is downloaded by you. If not, go to the settings of your device and Update it.
- Perhaps there is some technical glitch with your smart device. If so, reboot your device and see if it resolves the TP link app not working issue for you.
- Availability of malicious content and virus on your device can also stop you from accessing the TP Link Tether app. So, run an Antivirus app on your device and wipe off all the harmful data from it. Once done, try to access the settings of your TP link extender using TP link app and check if you can get success.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. If even after following the above points, the TP Link app is still not working for you, you are advised to uninstall the app from your device and then install it again. Once done, launch the app and check if it is now working for you.
- The TP Link Tether app might also not work if there is any software update pending on your mobile device. Therefore, access the Settings of your phone and check whether it is updated or not. If not, update it and see whether the Tether app has started working or not.
- Perhaps, you have opened a hoard of apps on your smartphone. As a result, your mobile device is working slower leading you to the TP Link Tether app not working issue. So, close all the unnecessary tabs and try to use the Tether app again.
- Have you tried clearing the cache of the TP Link Tether app? No? Well, do it right now as the cache is one of the major factors that prevent the TP Link Tether app from working properly.
Just in case still you are having a hard time while making use of the TP link app, feel free to contact our technical experts for quick assistance. They will help you make your TP Link app work in no time.
TP Link Deco App
TP-Link has always tried to provide a hassle-free internet experience to users. For this, they have programmed different apps for different WiFi devices. It means the realm of the TP Link app is not just restricted to the Tether app. FYI, TP-Link has another app called the Deco app. This TP Link app is programmed to set up and manage the Deco whole-home mesh WiFi system. It means you can monitor your home mesh WiFi system using your fingertips with the help of this TP Link app. Now, let’s dig deeper and know more about the TP-Link Deco app.
How to Download TP Link Deco App?
- First of all, unlock your smartphone.
- Now, navigate to the App Store if you own an iOS device whereas, Android users have to access the Google Play Store for TP-Link Deco login.
- Thereafter, go to the search bar and type TP Link Deco app.
- Download the TP Link app from the results displayed on the screen.
Caution: Avoid playing games and performing other background activities on your mobile device while the TP-Link Deco app is in the process of getting downloaded. Else, the TP Link app won’t get installed properly and you might face issues while managing your whole home mesh WiFi extender.
How to Log in to TP Link Deco App?
After the installation process, you need to log in to the TP-Link Deco app to monitor and manage your mesh WiFi system. So, walk through the steps provided below in order to log in to the TP Link app:
- Launch the TP Link app by tapping its icon on the home screen of your smartphone.
- You will be welcomed by a TP-Link Deco login screen.
- Now, select whether you want to log in to the Deco app using the TP-Link ID or the cloud account.
- Enter the required details.
- Tap the Log In button.
- You will successfully get logged in to the TP Link Deco app.
In this manner, you can log in to the TP Link app. Just in case you face any issues while logging in to the app, get in touch with our experts for immediate help.
Features of TP Link Deco App
Similar to the TP Link Tether app, the Deco app also has plenty of features. So, once you log in to the TP Link Deco, you can access those features. Following are some of the features that the Deco app offers to provide a user-friendly extender management experience for users:
The moment you log in to the TP Link Deco app, you will be taken to the dashboard of the app. Here, you can add more Deco WiFi systems or networks and check the status of the internet connection. The dashboard also allows you to view the list of connected devices. Moreover, you can view the complete info of your Deco mesh WiFi system and create shortcuts for a few functions.
By accessing the menu of the TP Link Deco app, you can configure the following settings:
- Change the account info
- Link your mesh WiFi system with Google Assistant, Alexa, IFTTT, etc.
- Switch between different Deco networks that are linked with your TP-Link ID
3. Deco Info
Tapping the Deco Info icon on the dashboard of the TP Link app will make you aware of the working status of all the Deco devices in your home network. Not only this, but you can also set main Deco, delete the existing network, or reboot all the Deco devices in your home WiFi system. Tapping a specific Deco unit on the TP Link app dashboard will reveal its information like IP address, MAC address, connected clients, etc.
4. More Feature Settings
The More option on the TP Link app dashboard allows you to manage your WiFi network, create a guest network, and blacklist a client device. In addition, you can upgrade the firmware of your Deco mesh WiFi system, add manager accounts, check reports, and access many advanced settings of the mesh WiFi system.
So, these were the features of the TP Link Deco app that will make it easy for you to manage your whole-home mesh WiFi system. Just in case you face any issues while monitoring or controlling your Deco device using the TP Link app, consider getting in touch with our experts without wasting any time.