TP Link Deco M5 Setup: Everything You Need to Know
TP Link Deco M5 Mesh WiFi system spreads the WiFi signals in all areas of your home, letting you enjoy internet without lags. The WiFi system is a great option to invest if you want to turn your home’s dead zones into fun zones and expand WiFi coverage. However, setting up the TP Link Deco M5 Mesh system is not everyone’s cup of tea. It takes a little extra effort compared to an ordinary router or extender for getting configured. So, if you want to know everything about doing TP Link Deco M5 setup, you have stumbled upon the right post.
What to Do Before Doing TP Link Deco M5 Setup?
Before you plan to install the TP Link Deco M5 WiFi Mesh system in your home, there are certain checkpoints you need to look at.
Right Location: It is must to choose the right location for your Mesh if you want to make the most of it. Usually, it is recommended to put the router in the middle region of your home, but far-off from stuff that can cause WiFi interference.
Deco App: TP Link Deco M5 setup can be done only with the help of the Deco app. Hence, install the app beforehand on your device and make sure you get the updated app version only. This is to put in the picture that the Deco app is accessible via both Android and iOS app stores. Thus, download it from the store that matches the OS of your smartphone.
Set a TP Link ID: Another point that needs your consideration is to set a TP Link ID. For help regarding the same, either check the TP Link Deco M5 user manual or get in touch with our experts.
Let’s Start Now! How to Do TP Link Deco M5 Setup
- Unpack Your Mesh System: As soon as you receive the package of your Mesh system from the supplier, check whether every part of the device is in good condition after unpacking it.
- Establish Modem-Deco Connection: Once you are through with the process of checking all part of your M5 Mesh and placing it at its ideal location, connect it to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable. Make sure the cable is in working condition and not ripped off from any point.
- Power up the Devices: Now is the time to power up both the devices. So, choose working wall outlets for your modem as well as TP Link Deco M5, plug their adapters into the outlets, and set the power button for both devices to the on position.
- Launch Deco App: To move ahead with the TP Link Deco M5 setup process, you need to unlock your smartphone and launch the Deco app on the same. Users’ approach us with a question that can TP Link Tether App can be used to set up TP Link Deco M5. Well, the answer is no! If you have Tether app on your phone, you need to get it replaced with the Deco app to make your Deco M5 WiFi mesh system up and running.
- Let the Deco App Detect Connection: Your app will then detect the type of connection assigned by your ISP from options like PPPoE, Static IP, and Dynamic.
- Enter MAC Address: Moving ahead, you will be asked to enter your MAC address. So, do the needful and move ahead with the TP Link Deco M5 setup process.
- Fill in Credentials: The next step in line is to fill the network name and password. Once done, tap Next and add more Deco units (if needed).
That’s all for now! This is how you can complete the TP Link Deco M5 setup process using the app. In case you find yourself stuck at any step, consider rebooting your Deco system and start again.
Why Install TP Link Mesh M5?
A typical single-family home is the target audience for a typical WiFi router or extender that can be easily configured by tplinkrepeater.net web address. The most powerful routers, however, are frequently disturbed by the type of building materials, house layout, and house size. When you try to use WiFi at the edge of a router’s range, this uncertainty becomes apparent.
A single router may find it difficult to handle all the simultaneous requests as devices become smarter and use more data, especially when those devices are at the far end of the router’s coverage area. In such a situation a TP Link Mesh M5 WiFi system can be of big help. The WiFi system, when configured, can offer you blazing internet speed on all your connected devices and in every nook and cranny of your home. Thus, installing the TP Link Mesh M5 is a perfect option to stratify all your internet needs.
Let’s give rest to our guide on how to do TP Link Deco M5 setup. We hope having a nudge on the piece of writing jotted above, you will be able to make your Mesh operational in a hassle-free manner.