TP Link Extender RE305 Setup and Troubleshooting Guide
If you want to do uninterrupted streaming and need a WiFi-dead zone killer, then there is no better extender to consider than TP Link extender RE305. Apart from the advantages mentioned above, this extender has separate 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands that allow more devices to access the network without reducing performance. Also, you can use both bands to establish one super high-speed connection, ideal for gaming.
After going through these benefits, are you eager to set up a TP Link extender RE305? If your answer is yes, then consider walking through the guidelines mentioned in this blog.
How to Do TP Link Extender RE305 Setup?
Using Manual Method
Here is how TP Link RE305 extender setup is possible via the Manual method:
- For TP Link RE305 setup, unpack your extender.
- Once done, plug it into a wall socket and turn it on.
- Build a strong Ethernet connection between your devices [extender and router].
- Whatever web browser you generally use, open it on your system.
- Double click the web address field of the browser.
Note: Google Chrome, Opera, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc, whatever web browser you use, keep it updated to its latest version.
- Access the tplinkrepeater.net page.
- Next, you will be asked for the default login credentials.
- Fill in the required admin details.
- Hit Log In.
- Follow the set of instructions given on-screen.
Note: Do not make the mistake of skipping even one step displayed on your screen. Or else, within seconds, you will become a victim of technical issues.
Via Tether App
By the looks of it, the last method required a computer. But, this one can be executed with a mobile device.
Follow the below-given steps and learn how to use the Tether app to set up your device:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Download the Tether application.
- That can be done if you head over to the store of your device.
- Done downloading the tp link app? Let it get installed.
Note: Avoid performing any unnecessary background activities on your mobile phone while the Tether app is about to get installed. It might disrupt the process otherwise.
- Installation finished? Launch the app.
- You will be asked to create an account.
- Thus, enter the required details to create one.
- Thereafter, perform TP Link extender RE305 login via the default admin details.
Are you on the Quick Setup wizard? Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete setting up your TP Link extender R305 using the Tether app.
Using WPS Method
Were both the aforementioned methods difficult for you to use to configure your TP Link extender RE305? Well, that is unfortunate. But, worry not because we still have one more tp link extender setup method that might prove to be beneficial for you, i.e. the WPS method.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow for the same:
- Plug your TP Link extender RE305 into a wall outlet.
Note: The power socket into which you have plugged your RE305 extender should be in working condition so that your device can receive a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Find the location of the WPS button on your devices.
- Press it whenever found.
- Relocate your TP Link RE305.
While changing the location of your device, see to it that mirrors, fish tanks, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, etc should be kept at a safe distance from it.
TP Link extender RE305 is much more than just a traditional WiFi extender. Trust us, by setting it up, you will open the doors for a blazing-fast internet connection for a lifetime. We expect that the guidelines mentioned above were able to help you set up the device.