Tplink RE815XE Setup
Due to their first-rate performance, there are a number of users out there who have turned their attention to TP Link wireless range extenders. Specifically, the TP Link RE815XE extender has gotten the limelight. This device offers various features to users. Due to this, we have been getting requests on writing a guide based on how to perform Tplink extender setup.
Tplink RE815XE Setup | WPS Method
The number one method through which performing Tplink RE815XE setup is possible is the WPS method.
You can learn how to configure your device using this method via the following step-by-step guidelines:
- Plug your Tplink RE815XE into a wall socket.
- Hit the power button and let the power LED become solid.
- Press the WPS button on the extender and then the router.
- After that, wait for some time.
In this manner, you will be able to complete the Tplink RE815XE setup process.
Tplink RE815XE Setup | Manual Method
As the name of the method suggests, you need to perform Tplink RE815XE setup manually here. For a detailed procedure, walk through the instructions mentioned in this section:
- First of all, physically set up your Tplink RE815XE extender.
- After that, connect the extender and the router.
- That can be done with the help of a wired source of connection.
- Switch on your laptop.
- Access the tplinkrepeater.net web address.
- You can do so using the address bar or the URL field.
- After that, fill in the required default login credentials on the login screen.
- Hit Log In.
- The Tplink RE815XE setup wizard will come into view.
- You will see some instructions mentioned there.
These are the final instructions that you need to walk through in order to put an end to the Tplink RE815XE setup using .
Although this process is easy to execute, still many users get their knickers in a twist because of the manual method. It confuses them. In case, you are sailing in the same boat, then it is recommended that you walk through the next method.
Tplink RE815XE Setup | Tether App
In this method, you need to make use of the Tether or the TP-Link app to perform Tplink RE815XE setup.
Take a brisk walk through the steps given by us in this section and understand how the Tplink RE815XE setup process can be taken forward using the TP-Link app:
- Unlock your mobile phone.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Tether app.
- Download it once found and let it get installed.
- After that, launch the app.
- Soon you will be asked to create a new account.
- Do so using your personal details.
- Then, you need to log in to the Tplink RE815XE extender.
- That can be done with the help of the admin details.
- After that, go through the on-screen prompts.
And you are done. See? Before you could even blink an eye, you reached the end of the Tplink RE815XE setup process using the Tether or the TP Link app.
Not being able to complete the Tplink RE815XE setup process is an issue that many users have experienced. To ensure that you do curse your fate by getting stuck with the same problem, we have written the following section. It discusses all the points that you need to keep in mind while performing the RE815XE setup.
Tplink RE815XE Setup | Important Points
1. Uninterrupted Power Supply
The topmost thing that you need to ensure to your wireless range extender during the Tplink RE815XE setup process is an uninterrupted power supply. Do not make the mistake of connecting your wireless extender to a damaged wall outlet.
2. Stable Ethernet Connection
Considering you are using an Ethernet cable for the connection between the networking devices, ensure that it is damage-free. Otherwise, you will be forced to connect the extender and router.
3. Zero WiFi Interference
Avoid keeping your Tplink RE815XE wireless range extender near cordless phones, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, mirrors, fish tanks, washing machines, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc.
4. Correct Login Credentials
Only use the correct admin login credentials to perform Tplink RE815XE setup. In case you need help to be certain regarding them, it is recommended that you refer to the ones given in the user manual.