Uncut Guide to Fix TP-Link Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
If you are having whiplash because your TP Link extender keeps disconnecting, then know that your days of worry are over. In this post, we have highlighted some hacks that will surely help you troubleshoot the issue at hand. Thus, read on.
Fixed: TP-Link Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
Reboot Your TP-Link Extender
We all know how technical glitches hold the power to ruin the performance of even the best of networking devices. Chances are that they are behind the TP-Link WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue too.
If so, you need to get rid of them by rebooting your wireless extender. Here is how you can reboot your TP-Link range extender:
- Disconnect your devices connected to the network of the extender.
- Turn off your TP-Link extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your TP Link extender back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Reconnect your devices to the network of the range extender.
Check whether the TP-Link extender keeps disconnecting issue still exists. If it does, you ought to try the next troubleshooting hack.
Check the Ethernet Connection
The Ethernet cable connecting your TP-Link wireless range extender and your home router should be free of damages for a stable connection between your devices. On the off chance, it isn’t, we recommend you get it replaced with a brand new one. Want to choose the easier option? Connect your devices wirelessly then.
Place Your WiFi Devices Nigh
If you have made the mistake of placing your TP-Link wireless range extender away from your home router, rectify it right away. Otherwise, you will land into another pit of technical issues.
Unplug your TP-Link extender from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and plug it into the located near your home router.
Perform Firmware Update
If technical glitches have the power to ruin the performance of your TP-Link extender, performing firmware update has the power to upgrade it. Thus, follow the guidelines outlined below and get to know the process to perform firmware update:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Launch an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Opera, etc.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link wireless range extender.
- Extract the firmware file.
- Open a new tab in the internet browser you are using currently.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type the default web address.
- Press Enter.
- The TP-Link extender login page will appear.
- Fill in the default admin username and password.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once you are on the Quick Setup page, go to Settings.
- Under System Tools, click Firmware Update.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select Upload.
Note: You can also make use of the TP Link app to update the firmware of your wireless range extender to the latest version.
Get Rid of WiFi Interference
Avoid placing your TP-Link wireless range extender as well as your home router near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, corners, concrete walls, and utensils containing water.
The reason being, such things can interrupt the WiFi signals of your TP-Link extender and force it to drop connection.
Reset Your TP-Link Extender
Are you still going bonkers because of the TP-Link extender keeps disconnecting issue? Well, in that case, you are left with no other option than to perform factory default reset.
Here is how you can restore your range extender to the factory default settings:
- Find the Reset hole on your TP-Link wireless range extender.
- Grab an oil pin and insert it into the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time.
Once you have finished resetting your TP-Link wireless range extender, reconfigure it using the Tether app.
Coming across the TP-Link extender keeps disconnecting issue is quite common. However, troubleshooting it isn’t. If you carefully follow the hacks mentioned above, you will surely be able to get rid of the issue you were facing with your device.
On the off chance, you are struggling with the same; don’t hesitate to reach out to our technical experts. They are always on the ball to assist users having a hard time with extender-related issues.