What is TP Link OneMesh Network and How to Set It Up?
WiFi range extenders manufactured by TP-Link do not need an introduction today. Their outstanding internet performance has proved their worth in the networking world. It further enhances when the user set up a TP Link OneMesh network. But what is a OneMesh network and how it can be set up? This post will make you aware of such important aspects.
TP Link OneMesh Network: A Bigger Picture
Generally, when a range extender connects with the host gateway, a separate extended network is created that helps the user to gain access to the internet connection in every corner of the house. But, when you set up a OneMesh network using a TP-Link WiFi range extender, a joined network of the existing gateway and the extender is created. It means you will be able to stay connected to the internet even when you roam around the house. However, you will be able to set up TP Link OneMesh network only if your host gateway supports the same and is flaunting the latest firmware version.
You can create a OneMesh network with the help of the tplinkrepeater.net login URL. But, before making you familiar with the instructions to do that, we would like to shed light on the benefits you will be getting after configuring a TP Link OneMesh network.
Benefits of TP Link OneMesh Network
- A OneMesh network created with the help of a TP-Link WiFi range extender is a unified WiFi network. It means your host gateway (router) and the extender will broadcast the same SSID (network name) and have the same network key, WEP, and access control settings.
- As you move around the house the devices accessing the home network will automatically switch between the extender and the host gateway depending on the best WiFi network available. Thus, higher WiFi speeds are another benefit of a TP Link OneMesh network.
- Setting up a OneMesh network is quite easy. As mentioned earlier that you only need to access the login URL for its installation. Not only this, but you will also be able to manage the entire mesh system using the same.
Assuming that you are now acquainted with the perks of setting up a TP-Link OneMesh network, it is time that you learn how to create one. So, check out the next section and learn the entire process of setting up a One Mesh network.
How to Set Up TP Link OneMesh Network?
- Start by fulfilling basic requirements such as power supply and Ethernet connection between the host router and the TP-Link WiFi range extender.
- Thereafter, lay your hands on a laptop or computer.
- The next thing you need to do is launch an internet browser. But, it must be updated.
- Now, move to the URL field and input the TP-Link extender login URL there.
- The official login page of your extender will appear once you press the Enter key.
- You are now required to click the OK button following the admin details entry.
- The Quick setup wizard a.k.a. TP-Link repeater setup wizard will show up.
- Click the Settings tab and select OneMesh.
- Enable Join OneMesh.
That’s it! This is how you can create a TP Link OneMesh Network using the range extender. However, if you wish to use the Tplink app to create the same, you can refer to the user manual. Or even a simpler route! Contact our experts.
How to Manage Devices Accessing TP-Link One Mesh?
After creating the OneMesh network, you should consider having a tab on the devices accessing it. Here’s how you can manage or see devices using the OneMesh WiFi network:
- Log in to your TP-Link range extender or host gateway using the required information.
- Make your way to the OneMesh window via the Settings option.
- You will be able to view the devices accessing the unified network.
- Manage them the way you want.
In this way, you can manage the devices accessing the TP Link OneMesh network. With that, we are putting an end to the post discussing the TP-Link WiFi range extender’s unified network. However, you can take the assistance of our tech support executives in case you need further guidance about the same.